National Productivity Council (NPC) conducted one day National Workshop on “Dissemination of Best Practices in Thermal Power Plants for Reduction of GHG Emissions” on 17th February 2017 at Manthan Conference Hall, National Productivity Council, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
The workshop was conducted as one of the deliverable of the 12th Five year Plan Project awarded to NPC by Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) Ministry of commerce and Industry, GoI. The objective of workshop was to discuss and disseminate some of the latest technologies and proven best practices being adopted by many thermal power plants for productivity and performance improvement with an ultimate goal of reduction of GHG Emissions.
The workshop was attended by around 40 delegates from different stakeholders from power plant sector like power plant officials, technology suppliers and consultants. Smt. Kalpana Awasthi, IAS, Director General, NPC Welcomed the delegates and Dr. Ashok Kumar, Energy Economist, Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power, GoI delivered a special address on the occasion.
The workshop was inaugurated by chief guest Sh. Aniruddha Kumar, IRS, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Power, GoI, who emphasised on the importance of Thermal Power Plants in the growing Indian Economy and consequential GHG Emissions. He also praised NPC for taking task of preparing the Best Practices Manuals for GHG Emission reduction in five energy intensive sectors i.e. Thermal Power Plants, Chlor-Alkali, Cement, iron & Steel and Pulp & Paper.
Inaugural session was followed by the technical sessions from BEE, NPC and case study presentations from power plants like Bharti Cements Corporation Pvt. Ltd, LANCO Kondapalli and Mejia Thermal Power Station, DVC. The participation in the workshop was highly interactive with the participants seeking clarifications and discussions on the relevant topics.
NPC, would like to extend warm thanks to all the delegates of the workshop for the successful conduct of the workshop. In order to reduce the carbon footprint, most of the communications in connection to the workshop was established through emails, internet broadcasting, etc. Workshop presentations and proceedings have been uploaded on the website to avoid printing of papers.
List of Presentations
1. PAT Scheme, Its achievements and Way forward, Presented by: Mr. Piyush Sharma, GIZ-BEE
2. About the project, Coverage and Methodology, Presented by: Sh. B.P. Bhandary, NPC, Delhi
3. Best Practices in Thermal Power Plants, Presented by: Mr. Anand Verma, NPC Delhi
4. CFD Technology, Presented by Mr. Mehul Shah, MECHWELL Industries
5. Case Study from Bharti Cements Corporation Limited, Presented by Mr. T Nandakumar, BCCPL
6. Case Study from LANCO, Kondapalli, Presented by Sh. Anka Rao, LKPL
7. Case Study from Mejia Thermal Power Station, Presented by: Dr. Jagannath Munda, MTPS, DVC