Energy Management (EM) Division of NPC offers Consultancy / Training services since 1964. NPC has core strength of 30 EM professionals which include about 20 BEE certified Energy Auditors. The areas of expert services of this division are enlisted below :
• Energy Management and Audit in all types of Industries, Commercial buildings & establishment, Power- generating plants, Distribution system.
• Demand side Management potential with focus on the industrial sector.
• To strengthen policy aspects and increase public awareness of Energy Conservation issues through modular training programmes for Senior, Middle and Shop floor level executives.
• Technological Upgradation and Resource Conservation in SME’s through cluster approach.
• Providing Technical Expertise Services to APO member Countries in Energy Efficiency.
• Providing hands on training at Centre Excellence for Training in Energy Efficiency and Indo-Japan project on Regional Energy Efficiency Centre at Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Productivity, Chennai, sponsored by DIPP, with support from BEE & NEDO, Japan.
• NPC has been conducting the prestigious National Certification Examination for Energy Managers and Energy Auditors on behalf of the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power, India, since 2004.
• “Assessment of Energy Conservation Potential in identified sectors in all 28 Stales & 7 UT’s” for B.E.E.
• Preparation of Energy Conservation Action Plan (ECAP) and conduct of awareness programme on EC for SDAs of 16 states & 7 UT’s, for B.E.E.
• Project on Green House Emission Reduction in Asia Pacific (GERIAP); funded by Swiss Industrial Development Agency (SIDA) and executed by UNEP, Bangkok, NPC India as served as the lead agency to assist 8 member countries in providing technical assistance.
• EU sponsored project for BEE, on “Strengthening State Designated Agencies in Implementing Energy Conservation Act-2001, covering six states in India.
• As Advisor Cum Consultants to Ministry of Power, NPC carried out Accelerated Power Distribution Reforms Programme (APDRP), in the states of West Bengal, Assam & Himachal Pradesh.
• As Third Party Independent Energy Audit Agency, NPC is assisting PFC, MOP, GOI in Restructured Accelerated Power Distribution Reforms Programme (RAPDRP).
• NPC has carried out Impact Assessment Studies of RE Schemes of MNRE.
• Third Party Evaluation of Report on verifiable energy savings
• Energy Audit & DSM studies in Hydro Power Projects.
• Assisting neighboring countries like Nepal, Bangladesh, Dubai on capacity building hands holding third party independent evaluator Assessor on Energy Efficiency.
• Study and conduct of baseline energy audit i.e. Energy intensive industrial sectors towards fixation of target and energy efficiency improvement.